running on iOS 4.0, using a simple tool called Redsn0w. The steps bellow are easy to follow and can be completed by anyone. The process itself will take some time and it will require some simple software like iTunes. You can do this if you use Windows or
. Let the liberating process begin.
Before you start this, there are a couple of things that you need to know. You can jailbreak the iPhone 3G with iOS 4.0 only if your baseband version is up to 5.13.04. You can check it by going to Settings > General > About and looking for Modem Firmware, at the bottom. Also, make sure you have read the dangers of a jailbreak process because we do not take any responsibility for any damaged devices. After this you can proceed to unlocking the iPhone 3G ( coming soon ).
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.0 with Redsn0w
- Download iTunes for: Windows 32bit, Windows 64bit or Mac OS X.
- Download Redsn0w for: Windows or MAC.
- Download the iOS 4.0 firmware.
- Install iTunes using the file you just downloaded. Now use an USB cable to connect your iPhone 3G to the PC / MAC and let it sink with iTunes. Update to iOS 4.0 using iTunes.
- Unzip the Redsn0w tool downloaded above and then double click the folder. You should find the Redsn0w.exe file. Right-click it and then select “Run as Administrator”.
- In the Redsn0w screen, click on the “Browse” button and choose your iOS 4.0 firmware downloaded above. Once it says successfully identified click Next. In the next windows, choose to install Cydia, enable Multitasking, Homescreen Wallpaper and Battery percentage then click Next.
- Now turn off the iPhone 3G and leave it plugged in, as Redsn0w suggests. Afterward, click next and hold the smartphone in your hand because you will need to press some buttons.
- Pay attention: Hold the Power button for 3 seconds and then, without releasing it start holding down Home. Let go of the Power button after 6 seconds. Keep holding the Home button until the screen in Redsn0w changes ( approximately 20 seconds ) .
- A series of automated processes will follow and all you have to do is to wait for the reboot. Enjoy.