Recent In-Stat research found:
- About 2 billion mobile devices out of a total of 2.8 billion will ship with baseband modem technology in 2014.
- Despite the early lead of WiMAX, LTE is expected to account for 61.2% of 4G-enabled mobile devices in 2014.
- Smartphones and computing devices are the only devices expected to transition to 4G technologies over the next five years. Handsets and mobile CE devices will remain on 2G/3G networks because of lower performance, cost, and power requirements.
- Examination of technical and market dynamics surrounding the integration of baseband modems in mobile devices.
- Unit sale forecasts of handsets, computing devices, and CE devices by wireless communication standard through 2014.
- IC vendor profiles: Altair Semiconductor, Beecem Communications, Broadcom, Comsys Mobile, GCT Semiconductor, Icera, Infineon, Intel, Qualcomm, Sequans Communications, Wavesat, and others.
In-Stat's market intelligence combines technical, market and end-user research and database models to analyze the Mobile Internet and Digital Entertainment ecosystems. Our insights are derived from a deep understanding of technology impacts, nearly 30 years of history in research and consulting, and direct relationships with leading players in each of our core markets. In-Stat provides its research through reports, annual subscriptions, consulting and advisory services to inform critical decisions.