So, if you want to successfully setup a Wireless ( WiFi ) Internet Connection, the you need to check the instructions below :
- First, you need to disconnect the modem from its power source.
- Now you need to grab the ethernet cable and plug it into the WLAN / Internet port, which is located at the back of the Wireless Router. \
- Now you need to plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the modem’s ethernet port.
- Now you can connect the modem to its power source, and it should take a few mins to start correctly, also you might need to press its Reset button after you plugged it back in.
- Find the Wireless Router’s installation manual and somewhere within it you should find an unique web address, which you need to use to successfully configure the network’s name and set up the security encryption of your Wireless internet connection. Also, you should find a default password, which you need to use.
- Open a web browser and type in the web address you found in the manual and press the Enter key. After that type in the password which you also found in the instructions manual.
- Select a ‘SSID’ type for the network you are currently creating. The name you select now, will be name of the Wireless Network .
- Now you need to set a password for the wireless network or you can skip this step if you don’t want to use a password. To set up a password, select ‘WPA’ security encryption mode. Enter a password that you will be able of remembering it easily.
- Press ‘Apply’ , which will save all the changes you’ve done.
- Double click on the Wireless icon, it can be found on the desktop screen.
- Now you need to choose the name of the newly created Wireless network from the ‘Available Networks’ Screen. After you did this, you’re WiFi internet connection will be successfully configured.