Jumat, 29 Oktober 2010
Compass 597 EVDO USB Modem (Sprint)
* GPS capable for turn-by-turn directions via Sprint Navigation
* Employs CDMA wireless technology authentication and identification system for top-notch security
* Compatible with external antenna for improved signal strength (sold separately)
* Weighs 0.7 ounces and measures 2.44 x 1.18 x 0.39 inches (HxWxD)
About the size of a pack of gum, the Compass 597 USB modem by Sierra Wireless operates on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network to provide customers convenient high-speed access to e-mail and online applications from their desktops or laptops, keeping them connected and productive. It features automatic installation of Sprint SmartView software and one-touch activation on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network for both Mac and PC users, making it quick and easy to get up and running. In addition to e-mail and Internet access, the Compass 597 offers GPS support, enabling the use of location search and common navigational software tools on a notebook computer via Sprint SmartView.The Compass 597 modem is optimized for Sprint’s Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revolution A (Rev. A) network, which provides average download speeds of 600 kilobits per second (kbps) to 1.4 megabits and average upload speeds of 350 to 500 kbps. When connecting within a Rev. A coverage area, the Compass 597 can download a 1 MB e-mail attachment in about 8 seconds and upload the same-sized file in less than 13 seconds.
Mobile users can access:
* E-mail with large attachments
* Corporate Intranet and Internet
* Digital imaging
* Location-based applications
* Video/audio streaming
* Rich messaging
* Bandwidth intensive applications for sales and customer service
Other features include:
* Sprint’s SmartView automatic installation software, available for both Mac and PC users, installs directly from the modem on first insertion.
* Employs CDMA wireless technology authentication and identification system for top-notch security.
* Simple Activation with just “one” more click after software installation.
* OS compatibility: Windows Vista/XP/2000; Macintosh OS X 10.3.9 or higher
* Easy installation with the software CD provided in the box.
* To improve signal strength, you can attach an external antenna, which is sold separately
Note: Users must activate this device on a Sprint account before inserting the device.