- 2 - Adapters
- 2 - Antennas.
- 2 - USB power cables (for drawing power off USB port).
- 2 - AC power supplies (for using AC power instead of USB).
- 2 - 9 pin gender changers.
- 1 - Manual.
|Buy now for $159.95|
The Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Adapter can be used with PDAs, computers, laptops, and smart phones that support the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile and Bluetooth Generic Access Profile. As such, this wireless serial port adapter is ideal for use in applications where a PDA or laptop would communicate with another device (SBC, RTU, sensor, robot, radio, PBX) wirelessly.The Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Adapter can be used in multipoint configurations as well. Any number of these adapters can be used to connect a computer to many other devices.
Single point one to one communicationsIn its basic configuration you can use these wireless serial port adapters to connect two rs232 devices without the need for cabling. The wireless serial adapters are connected directly to the communicating device via a 9 pin port and the pairs can communicate over a distance of 320 ft.
Multipoint simultaneous communicationsBesides a simple one to one wireless connection you can also utilize these adapters to create more complex wireless communications links.
As shown in the diagram to the right you can utilize a multi port card or USB-RS232 converter to communicate with multiple wireless pairs. In this scenario each Bluetooth wireless serial adapter is connected to one port on a multi-port card and is paired with another wireless adapter. The computer is then able to communicate to each wireless link on a separate communications port allowing for sending/receiving data from multiple wireless links at the same time.Please note you need to utilize a multi-port adapter to achieve this design.
- Connection Point-to-point or multipoint (pico net)
- Signal TxD, RxD, GND, CTS, and RTS
- RS-232 Interface D_SUB 9-pin female
- Standard Bluetooth specification version 1.2
- Frequency 2.400 to 2.4835GHz
- Hopping 1,600/sec, 1MHz channel space
- Modulation GFSK-1 Mbps, DQPSK-2 Mbps, and 8-DPSK-3 mBPS
- Tx Power Max. 18 dBm (Class 1)
- Rx Sensitivity -86 dBm typical
- Antenna Chip antenna or SMA female + external antenna (optional)
- Antenna Gain Chip antenna max. 1 to 2 dBi
- Power Supply +5 to +9 VDC
- Current Consumption Max. 90 mA
- Operating Temperature -20°C to +75°C
- Dimensions 35 mm (W) x 65 mm (D) x 16 mm (H)
- Unit Weight 57 grams
- Certification CE / FCC
|Pin||Signal and Description|
|2||TxD Output Transmitted data|
|3||RxD Input Received data|
|5||Gnd N/A Signal ground|
|7||CTS Input Clear to send|
|8||RTS Output Request to send|
|9||Vcc Input Power supply (optional)|