V.34 Software (Soft Modem V34)
GAO's V.34 Software Modem implements the 1996 release of the V.34 ITU-T international standard for full duplex data communication on the PSTN and on point-to-point 2 wire leased telephone type circuits at rates from 2400 to 33600bps. It can operate in synchronous mode and uses QAM on each channel. GAO's V.34 Modem Software employs Trellis coding and provides adaptive signaling through line probing by adjusting to channel quality & capacity.
Features of V.34 Software (Soft Modem V34)
- Operates on 2 wire, point-to-point circuits.
- Operates on dial-up or leased circuits.
- Utilizes QAM on each channel.
- Operates in synchronous mode.
- Employs trellis coding.
- Provides adaptive signaling through line probing by adjusting to channel quality & capacity.
- Supports data signaling rates of 2400, 4800, 7200, 9600, 12000, 14400, 16800, 19200, 21600, 24000, 26400, 28800, 31200, 33600 bps.
For official ITU-T standard on V.34, click ITU-T, V.34 Standard.
For examples of GAO's Modem Software Architecture, click GAO's Modem Software Architecture.
For a complete list of GAO's Modem Software products, please see GAO's Softmodem List.http://www.gaoresearch.com/products/modemsoftware/other/v34.php